Monday, December 8, 2008

D.C. day one.

I'm in Washington DC, waiting for Heather to get back from a business dinner with a few of her co-workers.
DC is great, flying in I sat on the left rear side of the plane giving me an awesome look at the Washington monument. Stupid ridiculous comments about it being a giant penis statue. The huge obelisk was fashioned after the Egyptian obelisks, which now are crumbled and ruined. The monument was originally going to be a pantheon containing statues of many great presidents to come, I think they chose the correct building plan.
The memorial side of DC seems like a different country almost, with such old buildings that look so oddly Un-American, while ironically they are supposed to stand for everything America is.
Sometimes I wish I lived in a very large, multiculturaly diverse city. I find it very refreshing to be around different sorts of people, breathing different air, thinking different thoughts, with there own worries and problems that are so very different from what I'm used to seeing.
As odd as it sounds I took my first taxi ride today, silently noticing the expansive trunk, nice leather seats, cigarette smell and an unusually friendly taxi driver, unusual only because TV tells me they are not.
We have a very nice hotel room that Heather's work is paying for, well all but one night. This nice hotel makes me want a different job more than I have in along time. My wife has an adult realistic job, she goes on business trips and works with real people. This is what I need, this is what I am going to school for. Do you ever feel like you are not where you need to be. You are not using your potential? I wish I could know what job I would be the very best at and I could feel good about working there.
I start school January 5th or 6th I beleive, I am only taking 9 credits until I can get back into the swing of all things school. I'm a little nervous for math, I have a hard time remembering what the instructor has taught me in math when I get home to do my homework. Maybe in highschool my mind was elsewhere, lets hope that's all it is. I 'm excited for my other two classes. Writing is something I usually like doing, and am excited to hone in on some of my writing skills Also I have recently become interested in philosophy. I hope this class is more of a discussion of philosophies rather than a study of philosophers.
I have all of my Christmas presents already purchased and ready to be wrapped and gifted. If you were lucky enough to be one of the few people I am giving presents to you will not be disappointed.
I bought the newest Killer's CD and so far I'm am not the biggest fan, feels like a record executive told The Killers that people were really into the eighties feeling of some of there songs off of Hot Fuss, so they tried to make an entire eighties album. Also I think Brandon Flowers wants to be Chris Martin of Coldplay so he's trying to mimmick him, which is so stupid because Hot Fuss is so much better than anything Coldplay could even try to think about writing. Coldplay sucks.
I'll try to post more frequently.
-Vocationally Dissatisfied

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Well your trip sounds fun, I have always wanted to go to D.C. Hope that school goes well for you this next semester. I don't have any suggestions for good job ideas, but am sure you will excell in whatever you choose. Cheesy?