Thursday, May 29, 2008

News:

BECK has a song from his new album circling the Internet lately, I gave it a listen and added it to my playlist, give it a listen and let me know what you think. A little slow for a single if you ask me, still a good song but it doesn't make me too pumped for the album. Don't get me wrong I am super excited to hear what Beck's been a brewing with his fancy producer "Danger Mouse" but I'm also scared. Danger Mouse is one half of Gnarls Barkley and I just don't like Gnarls Barkley. Danger Mouse has produced several other albums that do not sound anything like Gnarls, The Black Keys for example, but I'm scared that with Beck's genre being kind of similar to Gnarls, Danger is going to push it in that direction. Let's keep our fingers crossed though. The Information is going to be pretty hard to top.
MUSE is in the studio again, thank you DEREK for the heads up on that one, after some research it seems the new album is going to be an experimental one. More electronic and dance than rock, while some tracks will have more of a symphonic feel. It's even rumored they'll hire an orchestra for a track or too. That'll be interesting. I seem to remember Metallica doing that a while back with mixed views on whether it was cool or not. I thought No Leaf Clover was a lot better with the backing of the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra. Only time will tell us if this approach will work for Muse, and when I say time I mean me. I'll let you know. As long as they keep the piano coming I'll be psyched.
I just bought my first My Morning Jacket CD and I am very impressed. They kind of remind of the Flaming Lips only not so crazy. I'm excited for their new album coming out June 10th! So.........,Um..........,SEX AND THE CITY, the movie, is coming out this weekend, and if you know HEATHER at all you know that that is what we will be doing at our earliest opportunity. I actually don't mind the T.V. series too much. Hopefully, like the series, the movie will have enough T&A to keep me interested:) The Strangers also comes out, but not only do I dislike scary movies, but the trailer for The Strangers was on a movie that me and Heather went to not to long ago and just the trailer itself almost made me wet myself, it looks like it'll be a good scary movie, but like I said they're not for me. That's it as far as movies this weekend. I am looking forward to STEP BROTHERS a lot. I'm a sucker for Will Ferrel movies, if you haven't seen the trailer yet check it out! Also THE DARK KNIGHT is going to be awesome I hope. There's also a STAR WARS 3D CLONE WARS animated movie coming out to kick off a T.V. Series directly following, I'm super excited, but I won't geek out about it here. Thanks for reading everyone!
PS:In answer to some questions I had in comments, Jared I checked out MGMT and I like Time to Pretend, but every other song on that album sounds too similar to it, only not as good. I have only given it a couple spins, but they're not for me. Mindy, I'm not too sure I will buy Coldplays new album soley for the fact that Chris Martin thinks Coldplay is the best band in the world, if one of my good friends were to give me the album I would have no objection listening to it and telling everyone why they are not ;) Amy, I have checked out Arcade Fire and love the death out of them, I have a couple tracks down in my playlist if you scroll through a bit, Intervention is a rad song, as is Black Wave/Bad Vibrations. I haven't given Rogue Wave or Wolf Parade a listen yet but from the iTunes snippets I've heard they are alright by me! Talk to you all later!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

When I heard about Chris Martin's "best band in the world" comment I was totally bothered by it too. I had the same reaction and thought I would stop listening to so much Coldplay. BUT, he did an interview over the phone with 101.9the end a couple weeks ago. After listening to the interview, my confidence in him returned. He sounded much more humble than I thought. You have to listen to the interview at http://1019theend.com/PhotoWall.asp?id=40219. I don't know if you've heard the actual comment he made and what context it was in. I haven't, but the more I think about, the more I figure he wasn't serious. I bet it was just one of those things someone says to be sarcastic or act confident (you know, like USU's the best university in the world)--I don't really think that, but, hey, I went there so I may as well have some pride. I hope you will consider my arguement and give them a chance again (please, listen to his interview--then tell me what you think).
P.S. Yeah, that new strangers move looks absolutely horrible! I can't get over the one part where the three masked strangers are standing there, and the one girl says, "Hi." Eww! that alone gives me the willy nillies!
Sorry so short, I'll try to write something more when I feel more passionate about the topic:)

Anonymous said...

dance? electronic? those words to me just don't shreik muse to me. and i don't really have alot to say about beck. i respect his music and stuff but other than the singles i just don't listen to him alot. i dunno i get bored i guess. i am way excited for weezer though, and that never happens. cool blog so far. keep the reviews coming. ill keep dishing some info whenever i get it. a good site for info is www.ultimate-guitar.com. thats where i got the muse interview seen here : http://ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/muse_record_brand_new_album.html