Wednesday, June 11, 2008

More of the Same

Well I bought My Morning Jacket's Newest Album Evil Urges, and the results are in...... more of the same. MMJ is the kind of band that you can't love till you see them live, and since I haven't i don't. MMJ music is the kind of music that you can put in a big playlist like the Firehouse playlist and even though it's playing nobody will ever hear it or ask about them.


There are some tracks on the album a little better than others, but nothing big enough to even mention, it might of been a better album had Weezer not come out a week before and I'm still blasting that every chance I get. Compared to the Red Album, Evil Urges fails in everyway. Needless to say I was dissapointed.

Official Score 58%

The polls are now closed and I agree with the majority, You Don't Mess With The Zohan looks so stupid that I would rather get teeth pulled than to have to watch it, I think Adam Sandler and Mike Meyers were hanging out one day and said to each other, "Hey let's see which one of us can make the stupidest movie in the whole world!" It's going to be a close call.
New poll up soon, thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I won't buy My Morning Jackets new album, I'll just steal it. Zohan's GAY! Keep it coming!

Anonymous said...

i gave my MMJ a try way back when i was at the gunnell residence every day. jared and his brother just tried and tried to convince me that MMJ and Built to Spill were so cool. i just cant get into it. like you said, its all the same.

Mindy said...

Just entered my vote for who I'd rather do, and I got to admit I thought everyone would agree with me on Jessica Alba. Natalie Portman? What kind of Star Wars nerds are looking at your blog?

Anonymous said...

who even is my morning jacket?
the name sounds like they suck big time and it looks like they do, there's just not enough good music!